Re: Font problem after upgrading gnome-control-center

On Sat, Sep 22, 2007 at 03:02:31PM +0200, Amir Tabatabaei wrote:
> [I have some Internet problems today and couldn't follow up the
> discussion on irc, thats why move it to here. Sorry about that]
>
> After updating gnome-control-center to 2.20 from incoming, I have very
> tiny fonts all over gnome. Within gnome dpi is set to 75 and all fonts
> are sized to 10. I can solve this problem with the following 2
> approaches:
>
> 1) set all font sizes from 10 to 12
>
> 2) set dpi to 96
>
> Which is the better way and is it the right way?

The best way is to set the DPI to what it really is for your screen..

> screen #0:
>   dimensions:    1400x1050 pixels (474x356 millimeters)

 Is your screen really 474x356mm? Probably not (unless you have a 24" screen
 with a very shitty resolution).. Which means X misdetects the size and thus
 the calculated dpi. Which makes it a bug in your X driver instead of
 gnome-control-center.

  Sjoerd
--
A halted retreat