Re: Needed work page is really needed and more

Le vendredi 20 avril 2007 à 10:37 +0350, Alan Baghumian a écrit :
> Hi,
>
> 1) I think that we should create a small "Needed work" page for the
> team, so developers can centralize their work better. Maybe something
> like this exists already but I don't know.  Please advice.

I don't think it exists, but it would definitely be a useful addition to
the wiki.

> 2) I saw that some packages are merged from Ubuntu. Is there any
> documented or standard policy explaining this matter? Which packages
> should be ported from Ubuntu and which should not?

As Ubuntu developers don't have our quality standards, we are generally
very careful when including their changes. As for adapting packages
coming from Ubuntu, it all depends of what we find there. Sometimes
their work is useful, but in some cases it turned out simpler to rewrite
the package from scratch.

Cheers,
--
 .''`.