gnome-panel 2.14 [was .la files]

Hi all,

I have to agree with Ross, that as soon we get rid of the *.la files the
better. I hope we will get saner/shorter dependency lists then (though I
wouldn't count on that too much as we still have a lot of broken *.pc
files).

Back to the subject. I wanted to upload a new release of NetworkManager
which fixes two important RC bugs. Unfortunately NM build depends on
libpanel-applet2-dev, so it fails because the *.la files of
libpanel-applet2-dev still reference the removed
libXcursor.la/libXrender.la files. I guess you won't be releasing a new
revision of gnome-panel 2.12 but go to 2.14 directly.
So my question is: When do you intend to upload gnome-panel 2.14 now
that e-d-s 2.6 has finally hit unstable? What's your proposed timeframe
for that.

Cheers,
Michael
universe are pointed away from Earth?