Re: .la files

On Fri, 2006-05-05 at 17:57 +0200, Loïc Minier wrote:
> On Fri, May 05, 2006, Ross Burton wrote:
> > I propose that pkg-gnome take the bold step of refusing to ship .la
> > files, and start their removal straight away.  To be polite this should
> > be done from the higher level libraries downwards: I've just removed
> > the .la file from libloudmouth1-dev, as I don't believe anything will be
> > effected.  We could probably remove the .la files from
> > evolution-data-server in the next upload, as I also think that would be
> > safe.  In this manner we can slowly remove the files until we're all the
> > way down to GTK+, and finally we will be free!  Free of the cursed files
> > of doom!
>
>  Yep, this has started already, I've removed them from some packages
>  which have not yet been uploaded but are leaf libraries.  I'm not sure
>  e-d-s qualifies as such though, but it depends what in e-d-s.

On the assumption that Dapper contains most of Sid:

$ grep-dctrl -sPackage -F Build-Depends libecal -or libebook gb.archive.ubuntu.com_ubuntu_dists_dapper*Sources
Package: contact-lookup-applet
Package: control-center
Package: deskbar-applet
Package: evolution-data-server
Package: evolution-exchange
Package: evolution-webcal
Package: gaim
Package: nautilus-sendto
Package: contacts
Package: glabels
Package: gnome-launch-box
Package: gnome-phone-manager
Package: hdate-applet
Package: revolution

No libraries, so the .la files can be stripped from e-d-s.

Ross
--
Ross Burton                                 mail: ross@burtonini.com
                                          jabber: ross@burtonini.com