Re: .la files

On Fri, May 05, 2006, Ross Burton wrote:
> I propose that pkg-gnome take the bold step of refusing to ship .la
> files, and start their removal straight away.  To be polite this should
> be done from the higher level libraries downwards: I've just removed
> the .la file from libloudmouth1-dev, as I don't believe anything will be
> effected.  We could probably remove the .la files from
> evolution-data-server in the next upload, as I also think that would be
> safe.  In this manner we can slowly remove the files until we're all the
> way down to GTK+, and finally we will be free!  Free of the cursed files
> of doom!

 Yep, this has started already, I've removed them from some packages
 which have not yet been uploaded but are leaf libraries.  I'm not sure
 e-d-s qualifies as such though, but it depends what in e-d-s.

--
Loïc Minier <lool@dooz.org>
"You can gtk_main_run, but you can't gtk_widget_hide." --danw, 19-jul-04