Re: drop pygtk alternative

On Wed, Mar 01, 2006, Sebastien Bacher wrote:
> pygtk.py allows to specify the gtk version by using "pygtk.require()",
> dropping the alternative would mean dropping the possibility to have 1.2
> by default for the system. Every package using 1.2 will have to use
> "pygtk.require('1.2')" from then. At the moment packages probably do it
> already or pygtk.require('2.0') since both can be default and better to
> specify the one you want to use

 But which source would be providing pygtk.py?

 If a source change is required in packages depending on pygtk, I think
 a NEWS.Debian stating about the change is important to have, as well as
 some warning here and perhaps on -devel or -devel-announce (otherwise
 maintainers of not so commonly used packages won't notice the
 incompatibility).

--
Loïc Minier <lool@dooz.org>
Current Earth status:   NOT DESTROYED