Re: More problems with stalling splash screen

fre 2006-01-20 klockan 20:16 -0500 skrev Luis M:
> if you leave the window open long enough, does it eventually go away?
> (this happened to me previously).

Yes, the splash screen eventually resumes normal behaviour and goes
away.

> can you remove all the scripts (startup programs) from your session?
> (if any) (this also happens to get the dialog stuck forever waiting
> for something to happen).

I removed .gnome2/session-manual, and yes, it works! I can now login
normally.

These were the contents:

---------------------------
[Default]
num_clients=1
0,RestartStyleHint=3
0,Priority=0
0,RestartCommand=/usr/bin/devilspie

what's the problem, really? Isn't that supposed to work? It did work in
2.10... still seems like a bug to me!

But thanks for the workaround!

/Mikael

--
Plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose