Re: gconf not working properly

Le mercredi 11 janvier 2006 à 22:39 +0100, Josselin Mouette a écrit :
> Le mercredi 11 janvier 2006 à 22:10 +0100, Rubén Porras a écrit :
> >         Could you please 'ls -l' the contents of your ~/.gconf
> >         directory ?
>
> > $ ls -l .gconf
> > insgesamt 72
> > drwx------ 25 bennett bennett  4096 2005-11-30 17:54 apps
> > drwx------  4 bennett bennett    99 2006-01-04 17:03 desktop
> > -rw-------  1 bennett bennett 67216 2006-01-11 22:03 %gconf- tree.xml
> > drwx------  3 bennett bennett    68 2005-09-13 23:47 GNOME
> > drwx------  3 bennett bennett    68 2005-09-14 00:35 system
> >

> OK, I see what's wrong. I have based the checks on the existence of a
> file named %gconf.xml in the root directory, but it isn't enough in your
> case.

On second thought, this should have worked nevertheless.

> To find your previous settings, you have to create an empty file named
> %gconf.xml and remove the %gconf-tree.xml file.

Still, I'd like to know what happens if:
1. you remove the %gconf-tree.xml file and log in again;
2. you remove the %gconf-tree.xml file, create an empty %gconf.xml and
log in again.

In both cases, are you asked for migration? Do you get your settings
correctly then?

Regards,