Re: do not delete gnome-1

On Fri, Sep 30, 2005 at 12:45:12PM +0200, Ondrej Sury wrote:
> I am not saying that it's requirement to remove gnome1 from etch.
> I just wanted to make clear that world is not going to its end right
> now.
>
> Anyway yes, I personaly find it silly to keep whole bunch of obsolete
> and upstream-dead libraries just because of gnucash, but I may be
> influenced by fact that I don't use gnucash.

I don't understand why it is silly? We need those libraries for gnucash
and others. There is not much benefit in removing them, but there is
benefit in keeping them.

Why is it so good to remove those libraries?

> On other hand maybe the stir we created by proposal to remove gnome1
> will drag more attention to gnucash and they will able to finally
> convert to gtk2.0 (or gnome2).

It's not just gnucash. My package gpredict also needs those old
libraries. I don't know what upstream's plans are for migration
lately but they weren't in a hurry when last I checked.

Hamish