Re: I'm starting GNOME 2.10 backport to Debian Sarge. Who wanna help me?

Le mardi 30 août 2005 à 19:36 +0300, Mantas Kriaučiūnas a écrit :
> Hi all,
>
> Debian Sarge was released ~3 months ago with GNOME 2.8, while GNOME 2.10
> was released about 6 months ago! Lots of Debian users, who use stable
> system wanna try GNOME 2.10, but AFAIK there are no GNOME 2.10 backport
> for Debian Sarge. I'm main developer of custom Debian distribution for
> Lithuania - Baltix and I noticed, that Baltix users wants to see GNOME
> 2.10 as desktop environment, so  I wanna make GNOME 2.10 backport for
> Debian Sarge (currently Baltix is based on stable version of Debian).
>
> Maybe some debian developers or users wanna help me ? It would be nice do
> not duplicate the work, so if someone knows someone, who backported GNOME
> 2.10 libraries and applications to Debian sarge, then please write a
> letter to me or talk with me with Jabber/XMMP.
>
> Btw, I noticed, that there are no backports for Debian 3.1 (sarge) on
> www.backports.org, maybe backports.org team wanna help me to make GNOME
> 2.10 backport (or maybe I can help them ? ;) )
In my understanding, backports.org is not a monolithic organisation,
it's "just" a repository of packages from different people having
nothing in common.

Maybe you should try to contact and convince James Strandboge[1], which
historically provided the GNOME 2.2 backports for Woody? Maybe he is
even subscribed to this list and will read your mail.

I may be interested in helping you myself anyway.

[1] jstrand1 at rochester.rr.com
--
Jérôme Warnier
FLOSS Consultant