Re: GNOME Fam or Gamin Problem

On Mon, 2005-08-15 at 13:22 +0300, Alper KANAT wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I'm having this problem for very long time since I installed my Debian
> box from testing repo. I upgraded the whole system to unstable today and
> it's still the same.. I've compiled my own kernel with inotify support
> (also disabled dnotify) Is this the reason that FAM or Gamin doesn't
> update directories , menus etc and they seem to work according to ps aux ?
>
> Anybody have an idea ? Thanks..

Are you using FAM (which doesn't support inotify and would resort to
polling) or gamin? If you're using gamin, are you sure it is compiled
with inotify support?

---
Bastien Nocera <hadess@hadess.net>
If I'm not challenged, I can do nothing. Maybe my next film will be in
Japanese. -- Alejandro González Iñárittu