Re: Please remove gamin from sarge

On Wed, May 04, 2005 at 02:34:25AM -0700, Steve Langasek wrote:
> On Wed, May 04, 2005 at 11:25:10AM +0200, Sjoerd Simons wrote:
> >   Gamin is currently too buggy to be a good fam replacement for sarge. The
> >   biggest problem is that it stops monitoring files every few minutes under
> >   certain circumstances. Better to wait till etch and release that with a more
> >   matured gamin.
>
> >   I've raised #294058 to grave, which is the right severity for it..
>
> >   Afaik there are no packages that depend directly on gamin, so removal
> >   shouldn't be too problematic.
>
> I'll leave this bug open at grave for a couple of days, to give the
> maintainer a chance to weigh in on it or fix it before removing.

Sjoerd is apparently the new maintainer, and the old maintainer's happy
with this:

<Kamion> jdub: http://lists.debian.org/debian-release/2005/05/msg00118.html # ?
<jdub> Kamion: sjoerd (new maintainer) knows about our patches - his call
<Kamion> jdub: oh, I thought you were still maintainer
<seb128> Kamion, jdub: the version waiting in Debian/NEW has the hoary
         patch but we according to the discussion on #gnome-debian we
         don't need gamin for sarge
<Kamion> so does the BTS, for that matter :)
<seb128> nothing uses it atm and that's not tested on Debian
<Kamion> ok, thanks
<seb128> np
<jdub> seb128: why hasn't sjoerd changed the maintainer yet? :)
<seb128> I think he has, but as said the package is NEW
<seb128> due to the python bindings I think

I've scheduled gamin for removal.

Cheers,