Re: Nautilus Weirdness

Alex Malinovich wrote:

On Thu, 2005-04-28 at 14:08 -0700, Igor Pruchanskiy wrote:
Are any of you guys experiencing the problem where
downloaded files do not appear on the Desktop, but
but you can access them via the terminal ?

For example i can do `ls ~/Desktop` and i can see it, but
it does not appear on my Gnome 2.10 desktop?

I have noticed that my home and my work computers have
this issue....

Sounds like a problem with your FAM. Try restarting famd
(/etc/init.d/fam restart) and/or logging out of Gnome and logging back
in (and verifying that famd is running after the login).

I am running gamin instead of fam. I just had to reboot the computer
and after the reboot everything seems to be back to normal. Looks like
Gnome just needed to be restarted or something....

thanks