Re: advice on filing an unusual bug in yelp

On Thu, 10 Feb 2005, Kenny Hitt wrote:

> Hi.  I use Gnopernicus and Gnome's accessibility interface to run Gnome.
> I have a serious problem with yelp.  Basically, yelp will crash shortly
> after I open it.  The crash is so bad, my only options are to press the
> power button or ssh into the box and start killing Gnome processes.
>
> I believe this problem is related to the accessibility interface since
> no one has file a bug reporting my problem.
>
> Should I go ahead and file my bug report against yelp and make sure to
> mention you will need to use
> gno9me's screen reader to reproduce it?  Should I file my bug report
> against a different package related to accessibility?
> For me, this is a serious bug since it means Gnome's help system isn't
> available.
>
> Thanks in advance.
>           Kenny

Depends what version of yelp you're using. The 2.6 version was based on
gtkhtml2, which had accesibility support, but the next version is based
on gecko, which doesn't.

kr,

Chipzz AKA
Jan Van Buggenhout

                 UNIX isn't dead - It just smells funny
                           Chipzz@ULYSSIS.Org
"Baldric, you wouldn't recognize a subtle plan if it painted itself pur-
 ple and danced naked on a harpsicord singing 'subtle plans are here a-
 gain'."