Goobox and CDDB

On my up-to-date Sarge system, goobox (0.7.1-1) does not recognize any
inserted CD. There is an according bug report (#290106) for goobox 0.6.0,
but it has been marked as resolved. Though, this issue is obviously not
resolved yet, as it still occurs no my Debian box.

I did some googling, but I could't find any hint if goobox does work with
cddb at all for anyone. Gnome bug database only says "Zarro Boogs found"
;-) when searching for "goobox", which is pretty funny but doesn't help to
solve my problem.

Does anyone have any information about goobox and CDDB functionality?

Thanks in advance
Adalbert