debian experimental == ubuntu hoary?

Hi,

I always enjoyed having the latest and greatest gnome stuff on my pc.
And since I have debian on my box (many years), I never had to reinstall
it! Which is definitely not true for other distributions.

And if I understand the signs of the last weeks right, I guess debian
experimental (speaking for Gnome) is now Ubuntu hoary (or UU/unstable).
"hoary" has Gnome 2.9.x, evolution 2.1.3. Evo 2.1.3 packages have made
it into experimental, but a lot of required libraries are missing.

The actual reason I'm writhing this, is that I just searched for evince
(this cool new pdf/ps viewer :) packages in debian, and I only found
packages for evince in hoary/universe (which shoudl be debian packages
repackaged for UU?). Which made me think..

I fully understand the shift of focus from debian to ubuntu, from the
developers point of view.

But from a (bleeding-edge-gnome-)users point of view: Is Ubuntu now the
bleeding edge to go to? Will just the stable gnome thingies make it from
ubuntu to debian? Go for hoary (Will it be the same as with the ximian
gnome packages, back in gnome 1.4 times? *horror* ;))? But leave
Debian..?

I hope you understand my dilemma. I'm happy for any comments.

domi.
--
Dominik 'Aeneas' Schnitzer <dominik@schnitzer.at>
http://www.schnitzer.at/dominik/ - Update 21/11/04: Firefox 1.0 Party