Re: Upload of libvte4 and related packages (0.11.11-6)

On Wed, 12 Jan 2005, James Strandboge wrote:

> From: James Strandboge <jamie@tpptraining.com>
> Subject: Re: Upload of libvte4 and related packages (0.11.11-6)
>
> On Tue, 2005-01-04 at 19:19 -0800, Emil Soleyman-Zomalan wrote:
> > It definitely is poorly maintained upstream but that should not stop us
> > from improving it ourselves. I would like to know if anyone has noticed
> > any problems with these packages. What are your thoughts and concerns?
> >

> Just wanted to say that the packages work great on sarge.
>
> Thanks!
>
> Jamie Strandboge

I have seen some problems with it, for example when using less the
alternate buffer isn't restored correctly. I did ls in a dir with lots
of files, then less on a file, and when I quit, the current line was
incorrect and it started to mess up the output of ls. Not sure if this
bug is present in the original version of vte too though.

kr,

Chipzz AKA
Jan Van Buggenhout

                 UNIX isn't dead - It just smells funny
                           Chipzz@ULYSSIS.Org
"Baldric, you wouldn't recognize a subtle plan if it painted itself pur-
 ple and danced naked on a harpsicord singing 'subtle plans are here a-
 gain'."