Re: Upload of libvte4 and related packages (0.11.11-6)

On Tue, 2004-12-21 at 13:12 +0100, Chipzz wrote:

> As I understand it, vte is poorly maintained upstream, and these patches
> have been lingering in bugzilla unapplied for some time now. Maybe a
> little testing couldn't hurt?

It definitely is poorly maintained upstream but that should not stop us
from improving it ourselves. I would like to know if anyone has noticed
any problems with these packages. What are your thoughts and concerns?

> There is one patch I wouldn't apply though - the patch for scrolling one
> line using shift-up/down, as these keys are hardcoded and may conflict
> with the settings of some users.

I have re-built the package without this specific patch, yet I have kept
the same version numbering as before (0.11.11-6). It can be downloaded
from http://www.nishra.com/debian/unstable/

--
Emil Soleyman-Zomalan <emil@nishra.com>