Re: Debian GNOME theming

Am Tue, 04 Jan 2005 00:50:10 +0100 schrieb Gustavo Noronha Silva:

> [I think this discussion belongs on debian-desktop, but I'm
> cross-posting to debian-gtk-gnome as I know many people will be
> interested in any possible changes -- I have set the reply to to the
> debian-desktop list]
>
> Hey,
>
> Again, the same problem comes up: someone doesn't like the splash screen
> that is being used by default. See http://bugs.debian.org/288393.
>
> What do you think about this issue?

Well, I fully concur with the bug submitter. debblue may be
original, but it  has very low contrast and is /way/ too dark to be the
default theme on any new Debian box.

This affects the GNOME splash screen in particular. The GRUB boot screen
as well as the GDM theme are IMHO tolerable (even though "beautiful" is
not exactly the word that comes to mind). But with the splash screen
things are different, as it does not occupy the whole screen. When you see
it before a lighter background, the visual impression is very much as
described by the bug submitter.

It seems to fit best for lovers of obscure, darkish Enlightenment
themes, like AbsoluteE or BlueHeart. However, it is certainly not for Joe
Randomuser..

Thanks,

Johannes

--