Re: Upload of libvte4 and related packages (0.11.11-6)

On di, 2004-12-21 at 13:12 +0100, Chipzz wrote:
> On Tue, 21 Dec 2004, Sebastien Bacher wrote:
>
> > Le lundi 20 décembre 2004 à 02:09 -0800, Emil Soleyman-Zomalan a écrit :
> >
> > > I would appreciate greatly if one of the Debian GNOME maintainers would
> > > help out by reviewing the package and uploading it to unstable.
> > >
> > > You can find the source directory and compiled package at
> > > http://www.nishra.com/debian/unstable/
> > >
> > > Drop me an email if you have any questions.
> >
> > Hi,
> >
> > First thanks for the work, I'm downloading the package now.
> > I'm just curious, but how have you tested the performances
> > improvements ?
> > BTW have you mailed the vte maintainer too ?

The maintainer hasn't responded yet. I submitted that patch and i've now
waited for a week or something but still no response.

> As I understand it, vte is poorly maintained upstream, and these patches
> have been lingering in bugzilla unapplied for some time now. Maybe a
> little testing couldn't hurt?
>
> There is one patch I wouldn't apply though - the patch for scrolling one
> line using shift-up/down, as these keys are hardcoded and may conflict
> with the settings of some users.

Hmm didn't know this were hard coded. Well then you should remove this
patch. That other patch i've posted on that bug is an performance boost
patch. See bug #197797. Maybe it can close also: bug #217786

> > Cheers,
> >
> > Sebastien Bacher
>
> kr,
>
> Chipzz AKA
> Jan Van Buggenhout
> --

>                  UNIX isn't dead - It just smells funny
>                            Chipzz@ULYSSIS.Org
> "Baldric, you wouldn't recognize a subtle plan if it painted itself pur-
>  ple and danced naked on a harpsicord singing 'subtle plans are here a-
>  gain'."

Matthijs Mohlmann