Re: concurrent X users and gnome-volume-manager

On Sat, Dec 18, 2004 at 05:32:26PM +0100, Sven Luther wrote:
> On Sat, Dec 18, 2004 at 03:56:42PM +0000, Sam J wrote:
> > Marcelo E. Magallon wrote:

> > > My initial reaction is "sorry, you loose".
> > >
> > > You are in a situation where g-v-m just won't work.  By automatically
> > > mounting a device the first user that mounts the device "owns" it,
> > > i.e. only this user and root can unmount this device (it's what the
> > > "user" option does)
> >
> > Could g-v-m be configured to  use the "users" option instead of "user"?
> > According to mount(8), it should allow any user to unmount the device
> > regardless of who mounted it.
>
> yes, but this alone will not do. you also need to make the files available, so
> a group and the right gid options would be best in this circunstance.

Please first define the behaviour you would like to see, before going into
implementation details.. Do you want everyone to be able to umount all
removable devices under all circumstances ? Or just in some cases or...

For the mount stuff, we are using pmount to dictate mount policy. Not mount
options in fstab.

  Sjoerd
--
It is contrary to reasoning to say that there is a vacuum or space in
which there is absolutely nothing.