Re: concurrent X users and gnome-volume-manager

On Sat, Dec 18, 2004 at 04:42:10PM +1100, Graham Williams wrote:
> Received Sat 18 Dec 2004  1:35pm +1100 from Marcelo E. Magallon:
> > On Sat, Dec 18, 2004 at 07:03:22AM +1100, Graham Williams wrote:
> >
> >  > At any time on one machine (home machines running Debian unstable) I
> >  > allow multiple users to have their X sessions running concurrently
> >  > (e.g., on tty7, tty8, etc). I've not yet figured out how to get
> >  > gnome-volume-manager working happily in this situation.
> >
> >  My initial reaction is "sorry, you loose".
>
> Thanks.  Looks like I'm out of luck with g-v-m in this setup
> then. Back to my Disk Mounter applets!

For now it's mostly, sorry you loose. Any good suggestions for solving this are
ofcourse very welcome. Probably gnome's utopia list is more appropriate then
this one for that kind of discussion though.

  Sjoerd
--
The first rule of all intelligent tinkering is to keep all the parts.
		-- Aldo Leopold, quoted in Donald Wurster's "Nature's Economy"