Re: strange gnome 2.6 trash behaviour

I have noticed that if I 'delete' a file that doesn't have the write by owner bit set, it does get moved to trash. After that, it cannot be deleted from trash, because the write bit is not set.

My exact situation:
~/dir1 -> normal dir, with write bit set
~/dir1/dir2 -> dir2 does not have the write bit set
~/dir1/dir2/file1 -> file1 does not have the write bit set

If I delete dir1, it moves dir1 and the contents to the trash folder.
If I then try to delete dir1 from trash, I get an error.

Maybe the user rights should be checked before a file is moved to trash?

Cya,
Hylke

Leonardo Canducci wrote:
First sorry for bothering with such a question but I didn't manage to
 find a solution myself. I'm running debian sarge and I'm
experiencing a strange problem with the Trash folder and my user. Whenever I empty trash I get a dialog with this error: "Error while
deleting. "/home/leo/.Trash/inbox" cannot be deleted because you do
not have permissions to modify its parent folder."