Re: no video thumbnails again

Hi,

> Hello.
>
> I'm running sid, so it's still GNOME 2.6 here.
>
> I can't say for sure it was the late October nautilus-media upgrade from
> 0.8.0-3 to 0.8.1-1, but I have a *feeling* that it's about a week since
> new video thumbnails are no longer generated. Reverting back to 0.8.0-3
> didn't help, `rm -r ~/.gnome/mime-info/` didn't help.
>
> There doesn't seem to be any newer version of nautilus-media in
> experimental. The changelog suggests 0.8.1-1 switched from generating
> thumbnails basing on a Debconf question to generating thumbnails
> basing on a alternatives question, but no matter whether I set
> gnome-video-thumbnailer to /usr/bin/totem-video-thumbnailer or
> /usr/lib/nautilus/gst-thumbnail I can't get any new video thumbnails
> (old are displayed properly, JPG thumbnails are generated and displayed
> properly).

I had a problem with thumbnailing too. As far as I remember I tried to
produce thumbnails issuing commands /usr/bin/totem-video-thumbnailer
and /usr/lib/nautilus/gst-thumbnail in the terminal. Totem worked,
gst-thumbnail did not. Then I changed gconf keys for apropriate video
formats to /usr/bin/totem-video-thumbnailer %u %o and everything worked
again. I was using gnome 2.6 then, now I'm using gnome 2.8, thumbnailing
works.

> Does it work as expected for you? Does it work in GNOME 2.8 and I should
> wait for it to trickle down to sid/upgrade from experimental? Or should
> I report a bug (against what, nautilus-media?)?

Already filed

Vaidotas Zemlys