Re: RfC on #261031: Add spatial browser option to nautilus prefs for Sarge

On Fri, Aug 27, 2004 at 03:29:10PM +0300, AKL. Mantas Kriauciunas wrote:
> I've tested nautilus from these packages and didn't find any problems -
> nautilus works fine, people are happy, because they can choose preferable
> behaviour (navigational or spatial), this preference is translated to
> Lithuanian ;)

Cool, thanks.

> If user upgrades from woody, then IMHO default mode should be browser,
> so user wouldn't scare of heavily changed UI and behaviour.

Well, the upgrade from woody implies 1.4->2.6, and so many things have
changed that I don't think we should hold back with new features just
because they look different.

Spatial browsing is a feature, not a bug. I think it's reasonable to
have it configurable, but I strongly opt for leaving it on by default.

Michael