RE: RfC on #261031: Add spatial browser option to nautilus prefs for Sarge

Hi,

Michael Banck <mbanck@debian.org> wrote:
> I've updated the *.po translations for the spatial browser option to
> latest CVS and included 3rd party translations for italian and french.
[...]
> I've built nautilus packages with this patch, they are at
> http://people.debian.org/~mbanck/nautilus/
[..]
> The questions now are:
>
> 1. Should this option be backported to 2.6 at all?
> 2. If yes, should we proceed with putting this option into Sarge, even
> though some translations are missing?

I think both answers are yes - lots of Debian users in Lithuania ask how
to change Nautilus behaviour to old mode (most of users hate lots of
unneded file manager windows on desktop).

I've tested nautilus from these packages and didn't find any problems -
nautilus works fine, people are happy, because they can choose preferable
behaviour (navigational or spatial), this preference is translated to
Lithuanian ;)

Please include this patch into official debian packages.
If user upgrades from woody, then IMHO default mode should be browser,
so user wouldn't scare of heavily changed UI and behaviour.

--
Good luck,
Mantas Kriaučiūnas <mantas@akl.lt>      Jabber ID: mantas@akl.lt