Re: File open dialog: Where is my tab extension

On Thu, 15 Jul 2004, Sven Luther wrote:

> > The point is to hide features that only power-users will use. Let me
> > know when you see someone on a Mac or Windows using tab completion,
> > right? ;)
>
> Bah, tab completition is not a power user thing, it is a basic feature,
> and should be enabled by default.
Power user or not.  At LSM Bordeaux I had a nice talk with blinds and
the many Gnome 2.6 features should address accesibility features (at least
people claimed about this).  Moreover this was my reasoning.  Please
respond to this reasoning and not to joey stupid users behavour (sorry
if I disqualify Win / Mac users this way).

Those blind people did a great job in making computers *really* user friendly
for people who are able to read and not only to point and click.  I hope
this effort can be continued.

Kind regards

          Andreas.