Re: Some files not correctly identified - a MIME bug?

On Fri, 2004-07-02 at 11:55 +0200, Kai Weber wrote:
Hi,

I come accros a strange error. I double-clicked on a freshly downloaded
MP3 file. An error dialog identified the file as a MP3 audio file which
is wrongly identified as a MP3 audio file. Strange? See for yourself on
[1].

I would file a bug report, but who is to blame for that? The MP3 is a
free available track from [2], e.g. one of the anima*.mp3 files.

Nautilus mime is about as fouled up as it can be right now.  I'd file a bug with GNOME bugzilla and let them triage it as necessary.

Regards,
Tom

--
Tom von Schwerdtner <tvon@etria.com>