Re: Some files not correctly identified - a MIME bug?

Le ven, 02/07/2004 à 11:55 +0200, Kai Weber a écrit :
> I come accros a strange error. I double-clicked on a freshly downloaded
> MP3 file. An error dialog identified the file as a MP3 audio file which
> is wrongly identified as a MP3 audio file. Strange? See for yourself on
> [1].

Hi,

That's not a strange error, it's due to the new mime code, when the
extension mime doesn't match the file mime this error is displayed. Both
mime have the same description here, but are probably differents.

Hoppefully the mime code will be improved for GNOME2.8.

Cheers,

Sebastien Bacher