Re: Working with smb files

On Thu, 2004-05-20 at 18:25 +0000, Jeff Rasmussen wrote:
[snip]
> I can browse the folders and I can copy the file to the Desktop. It looks like
> Nautilus is telling AbiWord or Gnumeric to open
> smb://ip_address/folder/document.doc which it can't.

That's exactly what Nautilus is doing. You should file a bug (upstream)
for AbiWord or GnuMeric. Since they probably use gnome-vfs* functions to
access files, they might as well support URI's and not just local path.

But, they might have reasons why that has not been implemented (yet)...
And if you know how to code, submitting a patch instead of a bug report
would be a lot better. IMHO.

Regards,

Luis M
System Administrator/Web Developer
LatinoMixed.com

lemsx1@latinomixed.com

"We think basically you watch television to turn your brain off, and you
work on your computer when you want to turn your brain on" -- Steve Jobs
in an interview for MacWorld Magazine 2004-Feb

 http://www.latinomixed.com/