Re: Minimal Base Install.

John R Lenton wrote:

On Wed, May 12, 2004 at 07:31:15PM +0800, Weaver wrote:
I can't gain access to the desktop from gdm.

why not? doesn't 'xfce4' appear in the list of sessions?

No, I'm afraid not.
I've got default, default gnome, and a couple of fail safe options.
I've established that they are installed through the packet manager, and also by mouse clicking almost off screen, I manage to get an openbox sub menu up which gives me a browser, a terminal, and a couple of other options. It looks, from the tint of the screen, as though I have the background of a GUI present, but nothing to go with it. Perhaps I need to install gnome-sessions? that will give me that.

There have been another couple of posts, and one has suggested an install of 'xfce-sessions' which I didn't know about, so I'll try that.
Being very much a newby doesn't help either.
Regards,

David.