"Re: gnome still not working properly on powerpc/testing" and "Re: gnome on powerpc testing or unstable is VERY SLOW"

Benjamin Henne wrote:

I found your postings at
http://lists.debian.org/debian-powerpc/2003/debian-powerpc-200311/msg00470.html

Since I have installed 2.6.0 Kernel I have same problem with SLOW gnome (2.4) like You have described it. (How) did zu solve Your problem of slow gnome.

I posted my problem here, but I still found no solution

http://groups.google.de/groups?q=gnome+snail&hl=de&lr=&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&selm=19Y4z-1nv-11%40gated-at.bofh.it&rnum=1

From memory, I did 2 things.  Try one or both of the following:

1) I set the default X display depth to 16 instead of 24.

2) I added my hostname and ip address to /etc/hosts

I hope that works for you.
Regards,
Brendan Simon.