Re: gtk-engines-mac2_1.0.3-1: is it useful?

On Sun, Nov 21, 2004 at 10:26:10PM +0000, Rob Bradford wrote:

 > >  (Yes, it's sid not sarge, but the order of magnitude is correct
 > >  for sure)
 >
 > I wonder how many of those packages are actuall useful.

 It obviously depends on your definition of useful.  I had a pack of
 rabid developers on my neck when I suggested that packages without a
 maintainer shouldn't be in Debian in the first place.  Their basic
 argument was that as long as some user used the package, there was a
 reason for having it in Debian.

 Applying that reasoning here, *I* have:

 alsaplayer-gtk I like this, sue me
 ardour-gtk
 gnubg
 gnucash
 gtkglarea5     mine, and I've been trying to get this *out* of the
                distribution for ages
 scigraphica    the sole reason why I have python on my machines, that
                should tell you how useful this program is to me
 sweep
 xmms

--
Marcelo