unavailability of gnome-vfs 2.8 in unstable on some arches

This possibly concerns only PPC but I still tought I'd mention it:

For some reason, 2.8.3 never got sucessfully uploaded to unstable on PowerPC,
which prevents building of libgnome and several other essential dependencies
that would allow completing the GNOME 2.8 build for unstable.

The contradiction is between
http://buildd.debian.org/build.php?arch=&pkg=gnome-vfs2 (reports a successful
build) and between
<q-funk@omena:/home/q-funk>$ apt-show-versions -a libgnomevfs2-dev
libgnomevfs2-dev        purge ok not-installed
No stable version
libgnomevfs2-dev        2.6.2-2 testing
libgnomevfs2-dev        2.6.2-2 unstable
libgnomevfs2-dev not installed

... which reports the -dev package being stuck at 2.6.2-2 and that is what holds
the building of everything else.

It might be a good idea to check if any other architecture than PowerPC is
affected by that missing upload, as it could prevent the successfull building of
GNOME 2.8 on time for Sarge.

--
Martin-Éric Racine, ICT Consultant
http://www.iki.fi/q-funk/