Re: drastic File Chooser inconsistancies in Testing

On Wed, Sep 15, 2004 at 10:59:19AM +0100, Ross Burton wrote:

 > This isn't a recompile issue, the new file chooser is a new widget
 > which needs to be explictly used.   A recompile won't help, the
 > application code has to be ported.

 Gimp uses the old gtk_file_selection API, the new one is
 gtk_file_chooser.  Because of the preview pane, I can imagine that this
 is more than just a one-liner.  I isn't that compilated either.  There
 are enough examples in the GTK+ docs.  Inkscape uses the old API, too.
 That should be a one-liner, given this:

   4328:     symbol=gtk_file_selection_new;  lookup in file=/usr/lib/libgtk-x11-2.0.so.0

 Mergeant uses the old one, too, and looks the same as inkscape.

 Other applications in this category:

    abiword-common: /usr/bin/abiword
    abiword-gnome: /usr/bin/AbiWord-2.0
    bonobo: /usr/bin/gshell
    dia-gnome: /usr/bin/dia-gnome
    dia: /usr/bin/dia-normal
    gimp: /usr/bin/gimp-2.0
    gjay: /usr/bin/gjay
    gnomemeeting: /usr/bin/gnomemeeting
    gnotime: /usr/bin/gnotime
    gnubg: /usr/bin/gnubg
    gnumeric: /usr/bin/gnumeric
    gnumeric: /usr/bin/ssconvert
    gringotts: /usr/bin/gringotts
    gtkam: /usr/bin/gtkam
    inkscape: /usr/bin/inkscape
    inkscape: /usr/bin/inkview
    jack-rack: /usr/bin/jack-rack
    mergeant: /usr/bin/mergeant
    planner: /usr/bin/planner
    sodipodi: /usr/bin/sodipodi
    sweep: /usr/bin/sweep
    vim-gtk, vim: /usr/bin/vim
    vim-gtk: /usr/bin/gview
    vim-gtk: /usr/bin/gvim
    vim-gtk: /usr/bin/gvimdiff
    vim-gtk: /usr/bin/rgview
    vim-gtk: /usr/bin/rgvim
    vim: /usr/bin/eview
    vim: /usr/bin/evim
    vim: /usr/bin/rview
    vim: /usr/bin/rvim
    vim: /usr/bin/vimdiff
    xirssi: /usr/bin/xirssi
    xmms: /usr/bin/xmms
    xsane: /usr/bin/xsane
    xscreensaver: /usr/bin/xscreensaver-demo

 that's the stuff I have installed here.  And yes, I know not all of
 those are GTK+ 2 apps.

--
Marcelo