Re: Icon problem with Nautilus

Hi,

> > Am I the only one having problems for 2-3 days in Sarge with the MIME
> > settings (at least for Nautilus)?
> > I'm having MS Word Documents recognized as application/vnd.msword, and
> > no longer as "Word Document".
> >
> > Of course, clicking on them does not do anything useful either.
>
> Yeah, I'm having this problem too. I fixed it manually, using
gnome-file-types
> properties.
Could you detail a bit?

No problem. I right clicked word document and chose open with another program. Then the dialog window named "Open with another program" appeared. In the bottom of this window there is bounded area named File types and programs with the button go there (the names can be a bit different, since I use gnome translated to lithuanian and I translate the names back to english). Then the "Change file type" window appears. I've written oowriter into Run program text box (the first text box from the bottom), and clicked Ok. Then oowriter appears in open with dialog. I also added abiword, and changed the icon to the one I like.

I hope I explained clearly, if not, ask.

Vaidotas