Re: gnome 2.8 released

On Wed, Sep 15, 2004 at 10:55:13PM +0200, Sebastien Bacher wrote:
> Le mercredi 15 septembre 2004 à 22:41 +0200, Jose Carlos Garcia Sogo a
> écrit :
>
> >  DON'T DO THAT!!
>
> stay calm, we are not going to do this, we are uploading GNOME 2.8 in
> experimental that's all.

  Yes, I know. It was only a warning to those excited people with the
  relase ;-)

> We need at least 2 months (based on the GNOME 2.6 experience) to
> stabilize a GNOME release, that's far too long for sarge. (and the new
> mime system need some serious work for a good integration).

  Just that. Although things for GNOME in Debian are now really nice,
  new releases will take a while to be ready for release status, as
  every GNOME new version will have improvements and changes.

  Cheers,

--
Jose Carlos Garcia Sogo
   jsogo@debian.org