Re: gnome 2.8 released

On Wed, Sep 15, 2004 at 11:25:10PM +0300, Martin-Éric Racine wrote:
> On Wed, 15 Sep 2004, Sebastien Bacher wrote:
>
> > Le mercredi 15 septembre 2004 à 13:39 -0600, Marcelo E. Magallon a
> >
> > >  Big deal.  Experimental is still being abused for this.
> >
> > abused ? You want to upload a new upstream release of GNOME in unstable
> > during this part of the release cycle ?
>
> Are we actually anywhere near the freeze of non-base packages, though?
>
> If we aren't and 2.8 has been thoroughly tested, we might as well ask for
> permission to upload.

 DON'T DO THAT!!

 It's not only that it has been tested, but also that it must to be
 compiled in every arch we are going to release. And if we wait for
 GNOME 2.8, just when we're are ready again for release, X will have a
 new version, or perl, or python...

 We need to draw the line somewhere.

--
Jose Carlos Garcia Sogo