Re: CDROM-drive icon on the desktop

On Mon, Sep 06, 2004 at 06:33:52PM +0200, Josselin Mouette wrote:
> Le lundi 06 septembre 2004 à 18:02 +0200, Jérôme Warnier a écrit :
> > Using Debian Sarge with udev + kernel 2.6 + gnome-volume-manager +
> > GNOME, the CDROM-drivers appear in the "Computer" window, but with a
> > harddisk icon. Same on the desktop.
> >
> > I tried with the "Simple" and "Industrial" themes.
>
> I think this is caused by the fact it is now mounted in /media/cdrom1,
> and gnomeVFS doesn't recognize this mount point.
>
> Backporting some changes from 2.7 should do the trick, otherwise I have
> attached a trivial patch. Can anyone care to upload it? I don't have
> enough time currently.

Notice that the USB devices mounting is also broken. The funny thing though
was that i hadnd mounted my USB camera, and gnome showed me a requester about
if i would import the photos or not. By saying yes, nothing happened, but this
is probably because i don't have any app configured to be launched or
something.

I believe that the feature of mounting a ubs stcik or digital camera is a very
important feature of gnome, and should hopefully be fixed before the sarge
release. And i have set the script to executable from hald, didn't make a
change. It does get exectued as a logger message included gets run (multiple
time even).

Friendly,

Sven Luther