Re: KDE menu items wrongly appear in the GNOME menu

On Thu, 2 Sep 2004, Sebastian Heinlein wrote:

> If the kdebase package is installed (which is the case if the task
> "desktop environemnt" was chosen) some of the KDE core menu items
> wrongly appear in the GNOME menu.
>
> I already filled a bug against libgnomevfs2. Since the maintainer hasn't
> answered yet and the next release seems to be near I wanted to point at
> this issue.
>
> More details and a patch can be found here:

> I alread brought this issue up on upstream, but nobody seemd to be
> interested in to fixing this stuff.
>
> Regards,
>
> Sebastian

it indeed is not a bug in kde, as all 3 files have:

[chipzz@lea desktop]$ grep -i OnlyShowIn *
Help.desktop:OnlyShowIn=KDE;
Home.desktop:OnlyShowIn=KDE;
Kfind.desktop:OnlyShowIn=KDE;

But I suspect your patch is the wrong approach; the right approach is
figuring out why OnlyShowIn is not respected.

kr,

Chipzz AKA
Jan Van Buggenhout

                 UNIX isn't dead - It just smells funny
                           Chipzz@ULYSSIS.Org
"Baldric, you wouldn't recognize a subtle plan if it painted itself pur-
 ple and danced naked on a harpsicord singing 'subtle plans are here a-
 gain'."