Using the system tray

Hi all!

As i'm a regular user of kteatime and don't use KDE (i use Xfce4) i'm tired
of waiting a looooong time for such a small application to start up, so i
decided to make a gteatime! XD

Well, but my first problem is... how do i program a system tray icon using
the freedesktop standard? (so it will be usable on many wm/desktops)

I've been having a look on glade, but found not such window type (hey! there
are some window types not documented, and i couldn't find such documentation
through google nor devhelp...), and even anjuta (what is the difference
between each type of project? is my application a GTK+ one or a Gnome
one...), but found nothing relevant for my problem...

Any help/tip/advice? ;)

Thanks a lot!

PS: Is this the mailing list for such questions, or do i have to send them
to another list?