Re: gnome 2.6 forgot /usr/share/mime-info/*.mime

On Mon, 2004-07-19 at 09:35 +0200, Jérôme Warnier wrote:
> Le lun 19/07/2004 à 03:06, mammique a écrit :
> > Hi,
> >
> > my debian/sid have the lastest dist-upgraded gnome packages installed, i
> > experienced some mime problem in gnome using it. As i read in
> > gnome2.6-system-admin-guide.pdf, added mime-types in
> > /usr/share/mime-info/ is handeled as in 2.4, but none of these added
> > mime-types works in 2.6, here is one wich worked with gnome 2.4 :
> >
> > $ cat /usr/share/mime-info/myrtille.mime
> > video/x-myrtille
> >         ext: myr
> >
> > video/x-myrtilledv
> >         ext: mdv
> >
> > Nautilus & other gnome-vfs applications shows *.myr files as normal
> > plain text file, wich is wrong and worked with gnome 2.4.
> >
> > What's wrong ?
> Did you read the many messages on this ml telling you to try:
> update-mime-database /usr/share/mime
> as root?
>
> You should. :-P

Between that, and the fact that this particular "gnome-mime-data" file
isn't actually used in 2.6. You'll need to modify /usr/share/mime/
packages/freedesktop.org.xml

See the spec on http://freedesktop.org

Cheers

---
Bastien Nocera <hadess@hadess.net>
If Julia Roberts is going to finger-fuck herself in close-up, I'm sure
somebody out there will put up the bread. -- Abel Ferrara