Font crashes

(debian-gtk-gnome CC'ed, remove recipients as appropriate)

On Thu, 2004-07-15 at 07:43, Eric Dorland wrote:
> tags 259408 unreproducible
> thanks
>
> * Onni Koskinen (onni@iki.fi) wrote:
> > Package: mozilla-firefox
> > Version: 0.9.1-4
> > Severity: normal
> >
> > On my machine firefox segfaults every time I try to visit
> > www.kolumbus.fi/koips.ry/. I haven't visited the site before so I
> > don't know if it's a bug introduced recently. Konqueror and Links seem
> > to handle the page fine but Epiphany and Mozilla Browser segfault too.
>
> Works for me. Anything odd about that page?

Nothing odd. I found out it was the font named System that caused the
crash. Later I saw that almost all the .fon fonts from Windows crash it.
Courier and fonts named WST_* are an exception: they get drawn as empty
space that can be copy-pasted.

The non-Gecko programs that I tried draw Sans instead of the .fon fonts,
draw them as empty space, don't show them as available fonts or don't
draw them at all.

I found a thread about the same thing, but there someone says this
should have been fixed by now:

<http://lists.debian.org/debian-gtk-gnome/2003/03/msg00201.html>

Should a new bug be filed and where? Anyone else has this?

I'm using an up-to-date Sid.