Re: File open dialog: Where is my tab extension

Jon Colverson <debian-gtk-gnome@vcxz.co.uk> writes:
> Have you tried pressing Ctrl-L in the new file selector? Is that a
> suitable substitute for the old behaviour?

The new C-l behavior is kind of cranky (and quite slow, due to all the
dynamic updating of stuff) -- sometimes hitting TAB pops up a completion
list, sometimes it doesn't, sometimes it completes, sometimes TAB goes
to the next button ...

Also, since really I just want to hit C-l, and the "normal" dialogue box
just sits there uselessly, it'd be nice if it could just automatically
pop up the C-l dialogue box _only_, from the start.

-Miles
--
`To alcohol!  The cause of, and solution to,
 all of life's problems' --Homer J. Simpson