Re: [BREAK] Don't upgrade nautilus to 2.6 in sarge, or use capplets 2.6 from unstable

On Thu, Jun 17, 2004 at 07:19:32PM -0500, Colin Watson wrote:
> On Fri, Jun 18, 2004 at 01:19:34AM +0200, Sebastien Bacher wrote:
> > $ apt-get update
> > $ apt-get install capplets
> >
> > (yes it's conflict with acme, acme is a part of the control-center in
> > 2.6)
>
> Could a "Provides: acme" please be added to capplets, then? I think this
> would make the transition easier. Without that, it's going to be pretty
> much impossible to upgrade control-center in testing and keep
> meta-gnome2 working.

Oh, damn, lack of versioned provides strikes again:
gnome-desktop-environment has a versioned depends on acme. Either a
dummy acme package will have to be created (if its maintainer is
willing), or this conflict will have to be weakened, or meta-gnome2 will
have to be uploaded to testing-proposed-updates minus this dependency.
Your call. :-)

Cheers,