Re: Time to ask for glade's removal ?

On Sun, 13 Jun 2004, Eric Dorland wrote:

> * Josselin Mouette (joss@debian.org) wrote:
> > Le dim 13/06/2004 à 15:14, Sebastien Bacher a écrit :
> > > Hello,
> > >
> > > I am considering to ask glade's (only glade, not libglade) removal form
> > > the archive.
> > >
> > > It's an old, bugged, gtk+1.2 package replaced for almost 2 years by
> > > glade-2 now ..
> > >
> > > What do you think ? Does somebody has an objection on this removal ?
> >
> > Are there many software in Debian still using glade 1 ? What if someone
> > wants to fix a UI bug in one of these packages?
>
> If there are no outstanding critical bugs I would leave it in for
> sarge with maybe a warning that this will be the last release it's
> available and strip it out as soon as sarge ships.

Gnucash is one such piece of software that is indispensible and for which no
gnome-2 replacement exists. Until someone has upgraded it to use GTK2, I would
appreciate it if whatever tools are used to edit or fix it are still available.
Therefore, I support the suggestion of leaving it in for Sarge.

--
Martin-Éric Racine, ICT Consultant
http://www.iki.fi/q-funk/