Re: Intent to remove netmon-applet package

On Mon, 7 Jun 2004, christophe barbe wrote:

> On Mon, Jun 07, 2004 at 09:52:48PM +0200, Marc 'HE' Brockschmidt wrote:
> > That's no answer to the question.
>
> You noticed. Congrat.
>
> > We want to hear an explanation of your (weird) argument.
>
> Basically there are at least two packages with the same set of features
> one is cleaner and actively being maintained/developed the other has
> some limitations (like limited to one interface) and is not going to
> loose them (see no upstream activities).

That still is not a clear answer to my question.

What I meant was: the mere fact that some software is not maintained by
upstream anymore is that it is considered "finished", the upstream autor
is content with its state and has no desire for further improvement.

So again, the question, why is the fact that it's not maintained a good
reason for it to be removed from unstable?

> What about providing reasons to keep it in the archive instead of asking
> (stupid) questions. "I prefer netmon-applet because it sucks more"
> could even be a good reason in a (weird) world.
>
> Christophe

kr,

Chipzz AKA
Jan Van Buggenhout

                 UNIX isn't dead - It just smells funny
                           Chipzz@ULYSSIS.Org
"Baldric, you wouldn't recognize a subtle plan if it painted itself pur-
 ple and danced naked on a harpsicord singing 'subtle plans are here a-
 gain'."