Re: acme has disappeared in GNOME 2.6, is that normal ?

Alex Malinovich (demonbane@the-love-shack.net) wrote:
> This functionality has been moved into the default Gnome Keyboard
> Shortcuts menu. Go to Applications -> Desktop Preferences -> Keyboard
> Shortcuts and set up your multimedia keys. It's ALMOST identical to
> ACME. (It's missing the option to have the volume keys control PCM
> instead of Master.)

I've had some troubles getting my 'Print Screen'-button do something,
both with ACME and with this new Gnome Keybind program.

The strange thing is that I CAN bind the key using the dialog. I click
on the "Shortcut"-field, right of "Take a screenshot". The shortcut then
gets set to 'Print'.

But, as I try to execute the keybind, nothing happends. Same goes if I
try to bind the "Take a screenshot of a window" to Alt+Print (gets
binded to <Alt>Sys_Req instead of <Alt>Print).

Observe that I'm a laptop user and needs to push Fn+insert to get the
Print Screen.

Örjan