Re: Sawfish hiding top panel?

On Wed, 2004-06-02 at 16:29 +1000, Jeff Waugh wrote:
> <quote who="Karl Hegbloom">
>
> > Any idea why Sawfish hides my top panel every time I log in?  I at first
> > thought it was a panel bug, but tried switching window managers to
> > Metacity, and the top panel did not disappear anymore.  Back to Sawfish (I
> > really love custom keybindings) and now the top panel disappears again.
>
> Not a direct solution to your problem, but Metacity does support custom
> keybindings, see /apps/metacity in gconf-editor. :-)

Sure, but it does not have nifty hacks like "iswitch-window.jl" or
"maximize-full-toggle", afaik.  :-)

What annoys me the most about Metacity is that it has no maximize-fill,
only a maximize-full... that is, the window fills the entire screen, not
just the available area, so it overlaps the gkrellm that I always have
running.  With sawfish, I can configure it so the maximize button makes
the window fill only the empty part of the screen.

--
Karl Hegbloom <hegbloom@pdx.edu>