Sawfish hiding top panel?

Any idea why Sawfish hides my top panel every time I log in?  I at first
thought it was a panel bug, but tried switching window managers to
Metacity, and the top panel did not disappear anymore.  Back to Sawfish
(I really love custom keybindings) and now the top panel disappears
again.

I also tried creating a new user.  Once Sawfish is the WM, it happens
there also, so I expect that others are seeing this behavior.

"killall gnome-panel" fixes it.  It has become part of my logon ritual.

--
Karl Hegbloom <hegbloom@pdx.edu>